If you’re concerned that your Next or Joules account or your personal details may have been used without your permission, please give our Accounts Investigations Team a call straight away on 0333 777 8901**
This could include any of the following:
- I think someone may have accessed my account.
- I’m not a Next or Joules customer but I’ve received mailings.
- I’ve received a parcel but I’m not a customer with Next or Joules.
- I’ve received a parcel for someone who used to live at my address.
- My credit/debit card has been used with Next or Joules but I didn’t make this purchase. (It’s really important you let your bank know in the first instance & then give us a call, we’ll make sure this is investigated right away.)
- There’s an order on my account that I didn’t place.
- There have been changes made to my personal details on my Next or Joules account that I didn’t make.
- If you receive any letters for the previous occupier of your address, just send them back to us marked ‘No Longer at this Address’. We’ll update our records but please securely dispose of anything further you receive while this is in progress.
If you believe you’ve been a victim of fraud it’s really important that you contact the company concerned first. If your details have been used, our Accounts Investigation Team (0333 777 8901**, 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 7pm on a Weekend) will be on hand to help resolve this as quickly as possible.
If you believe you’ve been a victim of identity theft you can report this to Action Fraud (a Police and Government website) via www.actionfraud.police.uk. Here at Joules, we aim to report every allegation of fraud to Action Fraud once we’ve fully completed our investigations.
If you have an Action Fraud reference number we’ll report the crime under the same reference which will provide a better picture of the crime to the police. You can also register your details with CIFAS.
This is an organisation that will put a security flag against your details so if credit searches are carried out in your name, those companies who have also registered with CIFAS can see you have previously been a victim of identity theft.
We take your personal information very seriously and have put various security checks in place to protect your account. This includes sending letters, emails and texts if you update/change your account details. If you receive an email, letter or text alert from us to notify you that details have been changed but you haven’t made these changes, please contact us straight away on 0333 777 4560**.
**For call charges contact your service provider.
Phishing is an attempt to acquire sensitive information, often through social engineering, using a variety of communication methods. These can be, but are not limited to, messages delivered via email, instant messaging, social media, websites and phone calls. Examples of sensitive information acquired through phishing are: usernames, passwords, credit card details, financial details or intellectual property. An instant message, email, phone call, website, or social media post can all be easily spoofed to make it appear as if they are actually from Joules. Never respond to any unsolicited emails, phone calls, messages on social media, or messages delivered through an app or website. If in doubt, please contact Joules Customer Services on 0333 777 4560**.
For further information about phishing please visit Get Safe Online
**For call charges please contact your service provider.